Tourism Markham is a service of Information Markham which is located at
the Markham Civic Centre.
of Markham is one of nine municipalities in York Region. Markham and
York Region are located immediately north of the City of Toronto which
is the centre of the Greater Toronto Area. Toronto is the largest city
in the Province of Ontario and Canada. The most important websites you
will need are the following:
- Tourism Markham (you are here already!)
- Tourism Toronto, 416-203-2500 or toll-free 1-800-499-2514, www.seetorontonow.com
- Tourism York Region, www.yorkscene.com
- Central Counties Tourism, 1-855-204-8677, www.centralcounties.ca
- Tourism Ontario, 1-800-668-2746, www.ontariotravel.net
- Tourism Canada, www.canada.travel
Pearson International Airport, 416-776-9892, www.torontopearson.com
- Canada's largest airport for scheduled
flights; it is located approximately 30 minutes west of
- Air Canada, 1-888-247-2262, www.aircanada.com
- WestJet, 1-888-937-8538, www.westjet.com
Billy Bishop Toronto City
Airport, 416-203-6942, www.torontoport.com
- Toronto's downtown airport; it is used by
- Porter Airlines, 1-888-619-8622, www.flyporter.com
Buttonville Municipal Airport, 905-477-8100, www.torontoairways.com
- Located in Markham, it is one of Canada's
largest private airports.
- This toll highway goes
east-west through Markham.
Ontario Highways, www.mto.gov.on.ca
- Highway 404 goes north-south through Markham. It
connects further south to the Don Valley Parkway in Toronto.
- Highway 401 goes east-west just south of Markham.
Travel - Transit
Region Transit, 905-762-2100, 1-866-668-3978, www.yrt.ca
- YRT has both local and VIVA bus routes
TTC (Toronto Transit Commission), 416-393-4636, www.TTC.ca
- Toronto's transit system supplies most of
Markham's north - south bus routes.
GO Transit, 416-869-3200, www.gotransit.com
- The provincial transit system provides Greater
Toronto Area passenger rail and bus services.
VIA Rail, 1-888-842-7245, www.viarail.ca
- Canada's passenger rail service connects Toronto
with Montreal to the east, and Windsor to the west.
Government and Business Associations
Region of York, 1-877-464-9675,
City of Toronto, 416-392-2489, www.toronto.ca
Information Markham, 905-415-7500, www.informationmarkham.ca
Markham Board of Trade, 905-474-0730, www.markhamboard.com
Markham Village BIA (Business Improvement Area), 905-472-2462, www.mainstreetmarkham.com
Richmond Hill & Markham Chinese Business Association,
Unionville BIA, 905-477-0117, www.unionvilleinfo.com
Please feel free to contact us
with your questions, comments and suggestions.
Tourism Markham wishes to thank the following for their assistance:
City of Markham Communications Department, Markham Arts Council,
Rebecca Chu of Smart Reach eMarketing, Information Markham, Markham
Board of Trade, Peter Miller, Varley Art Gallery, Markville Shopping
Centre, Laura Boyden of Delta Markham, Salim Manji, John Ryerson,
Bonnie Leonard, Tourism York, Angus Glen Golf Club, Dianne Murray, Don
Morga, Richard Mang, Keely Grasser, Melissa Qi, Tammy Mang of Media
Diversified Inc., Elly Fox, graphic designer, Charles Lue of
GuidingStar.ca and especially Markham City Council for the funding and
Deputy Mayor Jack Heath for his determination to get Tourism Markham
off the ground!
All Rights Reserved 2017. Reproduction in whole or in part strictly
prohibited. Materials contained in this Website are subject to change
at any time. Tourism Markham makes every effort to ensure the accuracy
of the information it publishes, but cannot be held responsible for any
consequences arising from errors or omissions.
return to the top